New Hire Onboarding Statistics [2023]

54% of companies with onboarding programs report greater employee engagement.


In companies that don’t onboard well, the new hires only spend 22% of their time productively.


However, in companies where a proper onboarding plan is followed, the new hires spend about 88% of their time productively.


New hires who claim that they experienced an “exceptional” onboarding program, are more likely to be extremely satisfied by their organization by 2.6 times.


In companies where effective onboarding plans and processes are followed, employee retention increases by up to 82%.


The feedback collection aspect of the new hire onboarding process aids the improvement of employee-employer relationships by 91%.


70% of new hires, that experience an extraordinarily great onboarding process exclaim that they have “the best possible jobs” while the remaining 30% do not find their jobs to be the most ideal ones for them.



  • G2 Blog
  • Gitnux Blog
  • Strongdm

Embed This Infographic On Your Site (Copy Code Below):

					<p>&lt;a href=""&gt;<br />
&lt;img src="" alt="" /&gt;<br />

Share this!

Check Out Some More Infographics

Speak to an HR Business Partner Today