- Enroll in E-Verify: You’re set if you’ve already enrolled
- Examine your employee’s I-9 documents remotely using live video: EMP Trust now offers Form I-9 Video Verification, allowing employers to remotely verify employee identity and eligibility with live video conversations, simplifying compliance with USCIS updates.
- Utilize the Form I-9 dated August 1, 2023, and mark the “Additional information” box.
- Maintain copies of all documents and Form I-9: EMP Trust’s game-changing software solution allows for the easy creation and secure storage of I-9 Forms along with live video verification capabilities for remote employees.
- Create a case in E-Verify: The next step is to use the data from Form I-9 to build a case in E-Verify after Form I-9 is finished. E-Verify cases need to be created, no later than the third business day following the employee’s start of paid employment.
Employers could start using the new Form I-9 from August 1, 2023. Only the updated Form I-9 dated “08/01/23” may be utilized as of November 1, 2023. The version date can be found in the lower left corner of the form.