Strategies to Improve Employee Engagement

Employees who are fully engaged with their work are 87% less likely to leave their current employer. 


According to the Global Workplace Report, only 15% of workers are engaged, meaning that the remaining 85% of employees are unengaged at work. 


Employees who are not engaged are 48% more likely to experience stress daily, as per Gallup. 


Organizations that actively engage their employees experienced an 18% decrease in turnover. 


Here are some strategies to improve employee engagement: 


  • Communication: Open and transparent communication is essential for fostering employee engagement Furthermore, 85% of employees express extraordinary motivation when they are kept informed about business developments by management. 


  • Opportunities for Growth: Employees are more engaged when they see opportunities for growth and development within the organization. Offer training programs, workshops, and mentorship opportunities to help employees enhance their skills and advance their careers. 


  • Recognize and Reward Performance: A surprising 69% of workers indicated that receiving recognition and appreciation for their accomplishments motivates them to increase their efforts and engagement. 


  • Positive Work Environment: Create a culture of respect, trust, and inclusivity where employees feel safe and supported. 


  • Empower Employees: Empower employees to take ownership of their work and make decisions independently. Provide them with autonomy and trust to complete tasks in their way. 


  • Work Life Balance: Encourage employees to take breaks, vacations, and time off to recharge and avoid burnout. Show that you care about their well-being and support a healthy work-life balance. 


  • Lead by Example: Leadership plays a significant role in shaping employee engagement. Leaders should lead by example, demonstrate integrity, and show genuine care for their employees. 

Embed This Infographic On Your Site (Copy Code Below):

Share this!

Check Out Some More Infographics

Speak to an HR Business Partner Today