Besides answering your questions, the speaker will provide information and assistance regarding the following focused talking points:
- Is ‘n/a’ required in blocks not completed?
- Of the three address blocks, which is the only one where a P.O Box is acceptable?
- Which email address (personal or work) should be entered in Section 1 (should the employee elect to provide one)?
- What is the true definition of a ‘Preparer and Translator’ in the certification portion at the bottom of page one?
- What ‘address’ should the preparer and/or translator provide’ if that portion is utilized?
- What documents qualify as List C #7? (There are actually a handful)?
- I’m a new HR director and the current I-9s are a mess……. can I have employees fill out a new one?
- What is the employer’s responsibility to oversee the completion of Form I-9? (to avoid work-related discrimination issues from occurring)
- ‘Who’ can be an authorized representative in completing Form I-9 on behalf of the employer? (handling of completing an I-9 for a remote hire)
- How far in advance of beginning employment can the I-9 be completed, etc.?
Form I-9 violations can translate to huge penalties for employers. Here’s your chance to clarify all your misunderstandings and learn from the best. Register now for April 13th, 2023 at 2:00 pm EST and stay compliant.