California Privacy Rights
This section applies only to California consumers. It describes how we collect, use, and share California consumers’ Personal Information in our role as a business, and the rights applicable to such residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Data. EMP Trust is a business, and does not sell Personal Data of customer end users or employees. We may share Personal Data with third parties if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners for us if you are a visitor to our web site and filled out a sales form or filled out a help desk ticket.
Our end customers are responsible for their employees’ data and we do not disclose, share or sell our customer’s data to anyone unless the end customer requires the such data to be processed by their internal systems or external vendors.
All personal information is subject to contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Data.
For purposes of this section “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
How We Collect, Use, and Share your Personal Information
We have collected the following statutory categories of Personal Information in the past twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number. We collect this information directly from you as a visitor to our website.
- Internet or network information, such as browsing and search history. We collect this information directly from your device.
- Geolocation data, such as IP address. We collect this information from your device.
- Employee information used for end customers for their employee’s PII data and identifying documents. We collect this information from you as part of your employee onboarding process for your employer.
- Other personal information, in instances when you interact with us online, by phone or mail in the context of receiving help through our help desks or other support channels; or in providing the Subscription Service to our end customers.
Your California Rights
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect or maintain about you. Please note these rights are not absolute, and there may be cases when we decline your request as permitted by law.
The right of access means that you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected, used and disclosed about you in the past 12 months related to any support or help desk tickets raised by you. Your employee must be contacted for information about how they use the personal information collected on their behalf and we do not disclose this to anyone other than the employer of record.
The right of deletion means that you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions such as required recordkeeping for Federal or State regulations or your employer’s recordkeeping requirements. All data in our help desk ticketing system or visitor information gathered from n sales enquiry can be deleted on a request from you.
The right to non-discrimination means that you will not receive any discriminatory treatment when you exercise one of your privacy rights.
How to Exercise your California Rights
You can exercise your rights yourself or you can alternatively designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your Personal Information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making. We may also request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf, and we may also need to verify your authorized agent’s identity to protect your Personal Information.
Please use the contact details below, if you would like to:
- Access this policy in an alternative format;
- Exercise your rights;
- Learn more about your rights or our privacy practices;
- Designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
Data Protection Officer
EMP Trust SolutionsAttention: Sr. Director – Privacy & Compliance Office101 Lakeforest Blvd, Suite 230Gaithersburg, MD 20877, USA