We’re pleased to announce the newly added service and expansion of our remote I-9 solution to include the PAN network as a partner. This integration is a new Section 2 filling alternative to further simplify remote hiring for new hires and the HR department!
To complete Section 2 of Form I-9, now new hires can do the following:
- Enter the location details with zip code and time zone.
- Select a location from one of the available locations closest to you.
- Choose from the available date and time to meet with one of our partners authorized agent.
- You may cancel or reschedule the appointment before 24 hours before the scheduled date.
Form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States. All U.S. employers must ensure proper completion of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States. This includes citizens and noncitizens. Both employees and employers (or authorized representatives of the employer) must complete the form. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee must also present his or her employer with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization. The employer must examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s) an employee presents to determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine and to relate to the employee and record the document information on the Form I-9. USCIS recommends that employers keep Form I-9 separate from personnel records to facilitate an inspection request.
The Form I-9 has to be produced in the event of Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents (ICE) audit at the worksite. Since 2014 I-9 audits have increased by over 1,000%. And taking into account nearly 80% of the forms have errors, employers have their task cut out. Mistakes or penalties for substantive and uncorrected technical violations in Form I-9 can cost you between $230 and $2,200 for each form. Using our software, HR managers can easily get the Form I-9 filled out for local employees and remote employees error-free.
The basic steps of filling out the Form I-9 remain the same for remote employees:
- Section 1 of the form must be completed and signed no later than their first day of employment.
- Employers must complete and sign Section 2 of Form I-9 within 3 business days of the date of hire of their employee.
Simplify the Remote I-9 Verification Process
Employers only have three days to inspect and verify and inspect remote hire’s eligibility documents to see whether they are genuine. This must be done face-to-face. EMP Trust HR’s intuitive I-9 software ensures all the forms are compliant and filled error-free. We can complete I-9 ‘s for all types of the workforce including remote new hires, diverse locations, employees designated to offsite locations and places where there is non-availability of HR. It has several options for getting forms completed for remote hires.
- Employer choice: The employer can designate a person such as area head to be the agent, or the employer can require the employee to select someone to serve as the agent called self registered agent.
- Employee choice: The employer can require the employee to pick someone to serve as the agent called a self-registered agent.
- Agent Access: The new hire can get connected to EMP Trust HR’s agent network consisting of trained notaries and would meet with the employee at a mutually convenient location (e.g. Libraries, Restaurants, etc).
- PAN Integration: They can utilize our PAN network and schedule a visit to a convenient physical location from the available options and book an appointment.
We strive to make Human Resource functionalities simple and efficient. For more information Click Here.